Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Dad's Lemon Chicken

This is one of my all-time favoritest recipes with some of my all-time favoritest memories associated with it!  My Dad made this often, as well as many other yummy Chinese dishes. This is the only one I'm any good at making.

Marinade for the chicken:
2 Tbs. cooking sherry
1 Tbs. soy sauce
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Marinade your diced chicken for a few hours.  I usually use a couple of pounds of chicken.


Sauce:
1 cup chicken broth
2 Tbs. sugar
2 Tbs. lemon juice
4 tsp. corn starch

3 green onions

Heat ingredients in a small sauce pan.  Keep sauce at a simmer.

Batter:
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup water
2 Tbs. cooking oil (mix regular oil with a spicy oil to give the batter a kick.)
1-2 Tbs. ground cashews.

Mix all ingredients into a thick batter. Dip each chunk of chicken into the batter and fry in a wok or skillet til done.

Serve with rice, 1 1/2 cup sliced iceberg lettuce, and cashews.

No comments:

Post a Comment